Fruit Pizza——很容易使然而总是showstopper that’s sure to impress, both in flavor and presentation. It’s brimming with fresh and luscious flavor, and boasting of such beautiful natural colors.
In this fruit pizza recipe you get a soft and tender sugar cookie base that’s covered with a rich cream cheese topping, and layered with a generous amount of vibrantly flavored fresh fruit.
Then it’s finished with a sweet apricot jam which gives the pizza the perfect finishing sheen.
Simply put it’s a staple summer recipe! I love to make it at least once every summer and top it with a colorful variety of seasonal fruit.
You just can’t go wrong with a cookie topped with a sweet and tangy frosting, lots of tasty fruit and a simple fruit pizza glaze.
And the possibilities of how it can be decorated with creative patterns are endless. Such a fun dessert that everyone will love!
Ingredients You’ll Need for Fruit Pizza
- 面粉：I like to use unbleached all-purpose flour it has a better flavor.
- Baking soda and baking powder:These help the cookie crust rise.
- Salt:Added to keep the crust from tasting flat.
- Butter:Unsalted butter is recommended but if you only have salted then just omit the salt in the recipe.
- 砂糖：This is added to both the crust and the frosting.
- Egg:This binds the dough ingredients and helps give the crust a nice texture.
- Cream Cheese: The main ingredient to the frosting. The rich tanginess pairs perfectly with the cookie crust and sweet fruit.
- Vanilla extract:添加一个点燃tle extra flavor to the crust and frosting.
- Fresh fruit:不要使用冷冻水果，坚持使用新鲜的最佳口感和味道。
- 杏蜜饯：This adds a nice sheen to the fruit but you could skip it if you’d prefer. Another option would be just to brush with honey (mixed with a little water if needed to thin).
Can I use a store-bought sugar cookie dough?
Yes. Another option for the easiest recipe is to use a tube of store-bought sugar cookie dough (such as Pillsbury) instead of making the crust from scratch. Directions are noted in the recipe.
To make sugar cookie dough crust:
- Preheat oven, prepare pizza pan:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a rimmed 12-inch pizza pan (without holes), line with a round of parchment paper and butter parchment paper.
- Whisk dry ingredients:In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer:In the bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together 3/4 cup granulated sugar and butter until well combined. Scrape down bowl.
- Mix in egg and vanilla:Mix in egg and 2 tsp vanilla extract. Scrape down bowl.
- Blend in dry ingredients:Add flour mixture then blend just until combined.
- Spread into pizza pan:Drop batter onto prepared pizza pan, then spread into an even layer with hands coated in non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake then let cool:Bake in preheated oven about 11 – 13 minutes until just cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Blend icing ingredients in a mixing bowl:在混合碗使用电动手动混合器（或在一个独立式搅拌机的转鼓），鞭奶油奶酪，6汤匙砂糖和1/2茶匙香草直到轻和蓬松。
- Top and decorate fruit pizza:Spread frosting over crust and top with fruit.
- Brush with glaze:In a very small mixing bowl whisk together preserves and water. Brush mixture over fruit.
How to Store Fruit Pizza
Fruit pizza should be stored in the refrigerator once the frosting and fruit are added.
- Yes,butwait to add the fruit.
- You can prepare the crust and even top with the frosting but wait to add the fruit and glaze until the day you’ll be serving it.
- The fruit starts to break down and the liquids seep run which can alter the clean appearance and change the texture. To prevent a soggy crust just wait to add it.
Best Fruits to Use
There are a lot of options here but these are my favorites:
- mangoes or peaches
- mandarin oranges (bottled are fine if you drain well)
- 菠萝(I used that to cut a star shape as well)
Tips for the Best Fruit Pizza
- If you have a kitchen scale use that to measure ingredients for the most consistent results.
- Don’t skip greasing hands, it will make the dough more manageable to spread into pan.
- Let crust cool completely or the icing will just melt.
More Irresistible Summer Desserts to Try
- Chewy Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas
- Mini Brownie Fruit Pizzas
- Peach Cobbler
- Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake
Follow Cooking Classy
- 1 2/3cups (236g)all-purpose flour,preferably unbleached (scoop and level to measure)
- 1/2茶匙baking powder
- 1/4茶匙baking soda
- 3/4cup (150g)granulated sugar
- 12Tbsp (170g)unsalted butter,at room temperature
- 1largeegg,at room temperature
- 2茶匙vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Topping
- 1(8 oz) pkg.奶油乳酪，nearly room temperature
- 6Tbsp (38g)granulated sugar(or a little more to taste)
- 1/2茶匙vanilla extract
- 5cups (approx.)assorted fresh fruit*
- 1/4cup杏蜜饯，pressed through a sieve to remove lumps
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a rimmed 12-inch pizza pan (without holes), line with a round of parchment paper and butter parchment paper.
For the cookie dough crust:In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together 3/4 cup granulated sugar and butter until well combined. Scrape down bowl.
Mix in egg, then blend in 2 tsp vanilla extract. Scrape down bowl.
Add flour mixture then blend just until combined.
Drop batter onto prepared pizza pan, then spread into an even layer with hands coated in non-stick cooking spray.
Bake in preheated oven about 11 - 13 minutes until just baked through.
Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
For the cream cheese topping:在混合碗使用电动手动混合器（或在一个独立式搅拌机的转鼓），鞭奶油奶酪，6汤匙砂糖和1/2茶匙香草直到轻和蓬松。
Spread topping over cooled crust.
For the fruit layer:Decorate pizza with fruit as desired.
In a very small mixing bowl whisk together preserves and water. Brush mixture over fruit.
Serve within a few hours of preparing for best results. Store in refrigerator.
*I like to use fresh fruit such as strawberries, kiwis, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, grapes, mango, peaches or mandarine oranges). Avoid fruit that will brown quickly such as bananas or apples.
Store-Bought Sugar Cookie Dough Method
- Keep all toppings the same.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a rimmed 12-inch pizza pan, line with a round of parchment paper and butter parchment paper (or alternately line with foil and spray foil with non-stick cooking spray).
- Crumble cookie dough over prepared pizza pan and spread into an even layer to completely cover bottom of pan. Bake 13 - 14 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.